David Allen, a management consultant and executive coach, presents ways in this book to achieve maximum productivity. In Getting Things Done, Allen advises that organizing our minds precedes performance efficiency and creativity. With over 30 years of consulting services, private coaching, training and organizational programs with millions of people internationally, Allen shares in the book his work-life management system that will help readers manage all to-do lists without anxiety while ensuring focus, clarity and confidence.
Readers of the book will benefit from freed minds thanks to Allen’s tricks to process and prioritize tasks in a systematic manner in addition to dramatically improved organizational skills. According to the book, it introduces step-by-step instructions on how to:
- Capture anything and everything that has your attention and concern
- Define actionable things into concrete next steps and successful outcomes
- Organize information in the most streamlined way, in appropriate categories, based on how and when you need to access it
- Keep current and ahead of the game with appropriately frequent reviews
- Keep track of the bigger picture while managing the small details
- Make trusted choices about what to do in any given moment
The book will show how to channel energies efficiently while still enabling us to attend to matters, both small and big. Allen’s advice and system make today’s busy lifestyle manageable.